For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ, all shall be made alive.
~1 Corinthians 15:22
Our monastery caskets are simple and beautiful. Each casket is individually crafted from fine solid pine veneer by skilled artisans, and is prayerfully lined and finished by the sisterhood.
The casket is constructed with FSC Certified wood from sustainable sources.
The casket features fully removable upper and lower lids, which are secured with oil-rubbed bronzed pins. For Orthodox funerals, in which the open casket is placed in the middle of the church, the viewing lid may be removed allowing the congregation to gather around both sides of the casket.
Your purchase helps to support the life of our monastery.
Casket Price $1,500
- Price includes a cross of your choice. Please see Casket Crosses section, below.
- Price includes applicable sales tax and excludes shipping costs.
Casket Availability and Lead-Time
- Caskets are in stock!
- In order to customize the finish (cross and inscription, if any) of your loved one's casket, please allow 24-48 hours advance notice prior to pick-up or delivery.
How To Order
- To place an order, to arrange a local pickup or delivery, or to inquire about long-distance shipping, please contact our Store Manager.
- For more details about our caskets, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Resources section, below.
Holy Assumption Monastery is pleased to offer inscriptions on your loved one's casket.
The sisterhood hand-woodburns the inscription directly onto the wood. Irregularities in the lettering may occur. The irregularities are due to the uneven grain of the wood, which are also part of the beauty of the inscription. Please be aware that the grain of the wood differs from casket to casket.
Pricing for a standard inscription is $100. We offer two standard inscriptions, as follows:
Option A: "Grant rest, O Lord, to the soul of Thy departed servant" (pictured)
Option B: "Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner"
Pricing for a custom inscription begins at $50.